Re: [Gnumed-devel] Text expansion

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Text expansion
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 17:29:50 +0000

On 2013-04-02, at 10:21 AM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> I am not sure I fully understand what you want.
>>
>> I think the intention (which I agree could be useful)
>> would be to be able to include, in the text expansion,
>> characters others than alphanumeric and punctuation and, in
>> particular, the characters for tab and new line.
>
> I do not understand what sort of limitation you seem to be
> referring to ?

Maybe I should wait for others to comment, since I did not yet attempt the use
of text expansion.

Earlier in this thread, vbanait requested the ability to include such
characters in a text expansion. I interpreted this to mean that expansions do
not currently support such characters, but maybe that is wrong. Maybe they can
be copied/pasted as part of a snippet, or maybe a special method is required to
put them into the expansion.

The limitation that I I was referring to was a possible one that I was
questioning, not a definite one...

I was asking whether the same text macro could be

1) invoked in the writing of a progress note, and
2) referenced inside a LaTex form

and if the strings inside the expansion would, in both cases, be compatible.

-- Jim