Re: [Gnumed-devel] Text expansion

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Text expansion
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 19:38:29 +0200

On Tue, Apr 02, 2013 at 05:29:50PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> Earlier in this thread, vbanait requested the ability to
> include such characters in a text expansion.

I think I guess his intent: he maybe would like to automate
*several* fields by means of *one* text expansion. If that's
so it ain't gonna happen with TAB / ENTER emulation inside
text expansions.

> Maybe they can be
> copied/pasted as part of a snippet, or maybe a special
> method is required to put them into the expansion.

New lines or tabs (as characters rather than emulated
keypresses) can be entered into text expansions just fine.

> I was asking whether the same text macro could be
>
> 1) invoked in the writing of a progress note, and
> 2) referenced inside a LaTex form
>
> and if the strings inside the expansion would, in both cases, be compatible.

They are, especially now that I disambiguated their parsing.

What's more, they auto-know which way (and what) to escape
based on where they are used.

Moreover, they are aware of whether they are used in single-
or multi-line text fields and adjust accordingly.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de