Re: [Gnumed-devel] [Gnumed-bugs] Unhandled exception clicking plugin EMR

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] [Gnumed-bugs] Unhandled exception clicking plugin EMR timeline
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 19:52:18 +0000

On 2013-04-25, at 1:52 AM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello Jim,
>
> I have contacted the Timeline authors but this
>
>>  File
>> "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/_gdi.py",
>>  line 5501, in Create
>>    val = _gdi_.GraphicsContext_Create(*args)
>> NotImplementedError: wx.GraphicsContext is not available on this platform.
>
> effectively means there's not much that can be done easily
> (because wxPython on Mac does not implement some things
> Timeline uses).
>
> :-(
>
> All is not lost perhaps, however:
>
>       https://trac.macports.org/ticket/32035
>
> What is the precise version of wxPython you are using (2.8.which) ?

>From the mac's command line

        port installed | grep wx

yields

        py26-wxpython @2.8.10.1_0+gtk (active)
        wxWidgets-python @2.8.12.0_2+gtk (active)

I do suffer from the same problem as identified in the post at
http://editra.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=75  …  graphics hadn't been enabled
(see between === and ===).

I cannot however, in my output, see (between === and === ) anything named like
the "wxgtk 2.8.4" which the poster identified as part of his solution, unless
we are talking

        wxWidgets-python @2.8.12.0_2+gtk

which is newer than what the poster had described:

        I downloaded wxgtk 2.8.4
        Recompiled it with "--enable-graphics_ctx" options.
        then I recompiled wxPython and, Presto! Editra is now fully working

        You ware right, I had "#define wxUSE_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT 0" before I
recompiled wxGtk

-- Jim

==========================
        wx.GraphicsContext … " is implemented with the gtk2 version of
wxPython2.8"

        … cairo is also needed, which I have:
                port installed | grep cairo
                        -->
                        cairo @1.12.14_0+x11 (active)
                        gnuplot @4.6.3_0+aquaterm+luaterm+pangocairo+x11
(active)

        … and that it ought to not be necessary to force invoke
                --enable-graphics_ctx

so I followed the suggested queries for extra information (those that I could)
and I got

        wx-config --version-full
                -->
                2.8.12.0

        wx-config --selected-config
                -->
                gtk2-unicode-release-2.8

        wx-config --libs
                -->
                -L/opt/local/lib
                -L/opt/local/lib -arch x86_64
                -L/opt/local/lib
                -framework IOKit
                -framework CoreServices
                -framework System
                -framework ApplicationServices
                -lwx_gtk2u-2.8

        wx-config --cppflags
                -->
                -I/opt/local/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-release-2.8
                -I/opt/local/include/wx-2.8
                -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
                -D_LARGE_FILES
                -D__WXGTK__

The file 'setup.h' was findable via

        cd $(wx-config --prefix)
                -->
                /opt/local

        cd lib/wx/include/gtk2-YOUR_INSTALLED_VERSION/wx re-expressed as
=       cd lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-release-2.8/wx

with contained lines of interest

        #ifndef wxUSE_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT
        #define wxUSE_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT 0
        #endif