Re: [Gnumed-devel] [Gnumed-bugs] Unhandled exception clicking plugin EMR

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] [Gnumed-bugs] Unhandled exception clicking plugin EMR timeline
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 22:04:21 +0200

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 07:52:18PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> From the mac's command line
>
>       port installed | grep wx
>
> yields
>
>       py26-wxpython @2.8.10.1_0+gtk (active)
>       wxWidgets-python @2.8.12.0_2+gtk (active)
>
> I do suffer from the same problem as identified in the post at
> http://editra.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=75  …  graphics hadn't been enabled
> (see between === and ===).
>
> I cannot however, in my output, see (between === and === ) anything named
> like the "wxgtk 2.8.4" which the poster identified as part of his solution,
> unless we are talking
>
>       wxWidgets-python @2.8.12.0_2+gtk
>
> which is newer than what the poster had described:

That is correct. 2.8.12 is newer than 2.8.4 (and thus should
be able to have the fix). However, that does not mean that
your 2.8.12 had been

>       [...] compiled [...] with "--enable-graphics_ctx" options

>       wx.GraphicsContext … " is implemented with the gtk2 version of
> wxPython2.8"
>
>       … cairo is also needed, which I have:
>               port installed | grep cairo
>                       -->
>                       cairo @1.12.14_0+x11 (active)
>                       gnuplot @4.6.3_0+aquaterm+luaterm+pangocairo+x11
> (active)
>
>       … and that it ought to not be necessary to force invoke
>               --enable-graphics_ctx

Why the latter ?

> so I followed the suggested queries for extra information (those that I
> could) and I got
>
>       wx-config --version-full
>               -->
>               2.8.12.0

OK, is new enough.

>       wx-config --selected-config
>               -->
>               gtk2-unicode-release-2.8

OK, 2.8 is active, too.

> with contained lines of interest
>
>       #ifndef wxUSE_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT
>       #define wxUSE_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT 0
>       #endif

This only says what to DO depending on --enable-graphics_ctx
being set or not. It doesn't say whether it is set. Whether
it is set or not can be found in the compile flags in the
makefile (that's of little direct help, I know).

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de