Re: [Gnumed-devel] [Gnumed-bugs] Unhandled exception clicking plugin EMR

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] [Gnumed-bugs] Unhandled exception clicking plugin EMR timeline
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 06:18:20 +0000

On 2013-04-25, at 1:04 PM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

>       wx.GraphicsContext … " is implemented with the gtk2 version of
> wxPython2.8"
>
>       … cairo is also needed, which I have:
>               port installed | grep cairo
>                       -->
>                       cairo @1.12.14_0+x11 (active)
>                       gnuplot @4.6.3_0+aquaterm+luaterm+pangocairo+x11
> (active)

Given that gnumed complains

        File
"/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/
        wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/_gdi.py", line 5501, in Create val =
_gdi_.GraphicsContext_Create(*args)
        NotImplementedError: wx.GraphicsContext is not available on this
platform.

and that MacPorts does not build with --enable-graphics_ctx (and 'build' fails
if the latter arg is added to the portfile) might it be possible that the tool
'pip' (python's package manager) can build a wx which GNUmed (on Mac) could be
able to use?

I had previously installed pip under MacPorts

        sudo port install py26-pip

        (as per
https://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2013-March/032140.html )

and this allowed me to run

        pip-2.6 install --user hl7

at the end of which my ~/.local now contains bin and
lib/python2.6/sitepackages/hl7 however but maybe this does not apply to wx?

-- Jim