Re: [Gnumed-devel] Demo data

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Demo data
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 16:08:14 +0200

On Sun, Jun 02, 2013 at 12:10:27AM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> > I wonder whether placing it in such a prominent position
> > will make more people then necessary run afoul of the
> > installation process ?
>
> It is reasonable to expect that no one will wish to
> bootstrap gnumed without demo data the first time. More
> likely they will wish to play with it, before deciding to
> use it in production.

It is not so much that which I was wondering about but
rather that bootstrapping w/o the demo data is not *that*
easy to achieve - it is either all or nothing. Just removing
some or all of the obvious test data files in the early
bootstrapping process will lead to errors later on during
the process because that will add some data which hasn't
been separated out (and can thus not as easily be removed
from the process) which depends on the earlier data to be
available.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de