Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurement workflows - Group by panel:

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurement workflows - Group by panel:
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 14:18:27 +0200

On Tue, Jul 09, 2013 at 05:50:12AM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> Sorry if it was explained in an earlier thread, but
>
> 1. In the first attached screenshot
>
> Measurements - not Grouped by panel
>
> we see six values, four of which are preceded by a sigma. When a sigma is
> apparent,
>
> ---> does it mean that the tests that are thusly "marked" form part of a
> panel?

Nope. It means they display as a *meta* test type. That is,
the line will aggregate (*sum* up) several test types into
one line at the users' discretion (read, configuration).
This is useful to aggregate test types which are named
slightly differently (switch of lab, switch of name at the
lab, switch of method at the lab, self report as opposed to
in-praxis, ...) but really do mean the same thing (even if
maybe only to the user and not necessarily stricly speaking
in scientific terms).

> ---> does it mean that they form part of the same (single)
>      panel, or will all of the tests that form part of
>
> EML sep screen
>
> and
>
> Enzymes, Liver (if defined)
>
> all be designated with the same sigma?

The sum sign is orthogonal to panels.

I suppose all this can benefit from more documentation on
the Wiki ;-)

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de