Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurement workflows - Group by panel:

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurement workflows - Group by panel:
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 17:01:26 +0000

On 2013-07-09, at 5:54 AM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

>> I suppose all this can benefit from more documentation on
>> the Wiki ;-)

Have the concepts

        test panel

and

        test profile

been merged?

The only reason to keep them separate is because, when ordering, a path lab may
fail to understand the arbitrary panel name that a clinician within GNUmed may
have come to know a useful combination of tests.

The problem with maintaining this separation is because not all path labs call
their panels the same thing. We would then get into the business of having to
manage per-path-lab (i.e. per-test-org) those panels utilized and understood by
that test-org, although I know that certain panels like a

        urine microscopic
or
        urine macroscopic

would probably be understood by all in the same region.

If we would maintain a separation, then maybe this could be managed with a
single column attribute so that both panels and profiles could be available for
selection under the "Spotlight" function of viewing labs. Another consideration
could be whether to auto-prepend something like an underscore when creating and
saving profiles … when the user omitted to do so (if such a protocol would be
deemed desirable).

-- Jim