Re: [Gnumed-devel] Some issues

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Some issues
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 16:50:05 +0000

On 2013-07-12, at 7:31 AM, Rogerio Luz Coelho <address@hidden> wrote:

GNUmed problems:

Measurement plugin:

BUGS !!!

ANNOYANCES

WISHING WELL

This post contains a lot of items. My thoughts:

- crash problems are always worth figuring out and fixing as a high priority
- some display "problems" might be a lot of work to remedy, if a remedy is even possible
- I agree that better handling of measurement units is desirable
- I continue to want to see, as a (competing) priority, to not "lose" a patient's medication history

In the meantime, I attach ideas from examples of two different lab views provided by my hospital system, to point out that…

… in the first screenshot,

- the left column does, in some cases, use abbreviations (say, MCV instead of Mean Cell Volume)
- the columns widths are not adjustable
- the full name of tests which are shortened is visible by hovering (see their yellow tooltip equivalent)
- they shade cells whose values are high something like 'dusty rose',and values that are low in a light blue
- all of their tests are hierarchical, based on the lab division ("bench") which provided the results, and within lab area by "kind" or "sub-area" of tests which is rather like panels

--> main take-away
- by using a slim non-bolded font, they achieve to display 25 characters of test name

… in the second screenshot
- the scrollable list is a bit like GNUmed 1.3.7's
EMR > Add/Edit > Measurements
--> maybe this can be made an alternative way to select / sign / plot a multiple selection

-- JIm