Re: [Gnumed-devel] Some issues

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Some issues
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 19:16:09 +0200

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 11:31:40AM -0300, Rogerio Luz wrote:

>    Exam name column is too short … breaks names, no way to re-size within
>    the client.

Whereat, exactly ?

>    No way to enter exams history easily (say a button that would add the
>    same exam made by same person with only date + value category – this comes
>    in handy since many labs put the last 3-4 values of the same exam below
>    current results).

There's only one [Next] button available within any one edit
area. And there's competing scenarios:

1) enter several (different) tests from a same-day printout
   received from the lab

        -> this is what the behaviour of the test reuslts EA's
           [Next] button is currently optimized for

2) enter several results of the same type from a time series
   such as when typing in old data

        -> this could be useful to data typists transferring
           paper charts into GNUmed

>    Measurement input window should be easier to TAB-navigate (ADD ANOTHER
>    way down there kills me ;)

You can use the accelerator <ALT-A> ("Add _a_nother").

>    Easy way to program a value based on 1 exam. Like Hba1c = Medium Glucose
>    , Creatinine = GFR (MDRD) , different units conversion (mmol/L -> mg/mL),
>    etc ...

Please suggest a concrete scenario how you would want this
to work.

>    More complex calculations with available (multiple) measurements (BMI,
>    Liver Fibrosis Indexes, LDL and non-HDL cholesterol calculations, etc … or
>    importing calculations from a CALC formula (this seems hard :)))

We already do have clinical calculator code now which
supports nearly arbitrarily complex calculations. However,
neither does it have a UI nor is it integrated with keyword
expansions (which is one thing I plan to do). So far it
supports BSA, BMI, GFR.

How would you imagine "complex calculations" being
integrated into the workflow ?

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de