Re: [Gnumed-devel] Reference information accessible from within GNUmed c

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Reference information accessible from within GNUmed client
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 10:12:12 +0200 (CEST)

> In some cases, the information source to which a GNUmed button pertains is
> dually available, for example in the Reports plugin, the button
>
>       Schema
>
> connects to the wiki which assumes an internet connection, even despite that
> in the local client folder can be found
>

> ~/Downloads/gnumed-client.1.3.7/client/doc/user-manual/Gnumed/DatabaseSchema.html
>
> and since the db schema of releases is stable, there will be no advantage to
> preferentially (trying to) connect to the internet-based version. Can the
> button somehow instead open
>
>       >system-wide application data dir>
> /doc/user-manual/Gnumed/DatabaseSchema.html

In most cases it won't be there because distributions want to put
documentation into wildly different places which I don't feel like
chasing. The documentation as such will be put into the right place
for each distro by any self-respecting package anways so users can
go look it up there.

Patches are welcome, of course.