Re: [Gnumed-devel] automatically inactivate medications beyond prescribe

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] automatically inactivate medications beyond prescribed duration
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2013 20:58:46 +0000

On 2013-08-03, at 1:06 PM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> What happens if (somehow) discontinued gets set when now >
> start + duration ?   The patient comes in, supplies lasted
> until yesterday, yet GNUmed shows that she's not on that
> drug (the drug is inactive), although she really still is on
> it. In this case she will NOT receive further supplies on
> today's prescription (although she should !) because GNUmed
> thinks she is NOT anymore on that medication.

Informing, in place of second-guessing, is typically safer.

It raises usually, at most, the issue of over-informing, distracting or nagging.

In light of this, and in the interest of consistency, I'd like to alter my
suggestion about shading and have us to conform with what's already been
implemented in the medications plugin:

- when a medication / substance matches something to which the patient is
allergic / intolerant

        --> GNUmed displays the medication / substance in text colour 'magenta'
as shown here

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnumed-devel/2013-07/pngzOkxwfOb2s.png

- and when 'Include inactive' is selected, and one or more rows have a non-null
value in clin.substance_intake.discontinued

        --> GNUmed displays the text of matching rows in grey

… therefore, shall medications fitting the scenario

        started + 'duration' < now()

        --> be displayed in dark orange as was shown among earlier candidates
for allergy colour here

        http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnumed-devel/2013-07/pngkRTurkjCNe.png

??

-- Jim