[Gnumed-devel] Medications plug-in, refactored

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Medications plug-in, refactored
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2013 20:16:13 +0000

Medication management is complex and I support for us to be both
forward-thinking and to evolve what GNUmed can do in planned stages.

I'd like to make several points, on which I will elaborate in next postings …

1. Karsten's first-level intent was to create a plug-in which allowed to input
and list currently-taken substances, a "Current Medication List"

It is for these reasons that among the original ways to update the list, in
order to correctly reflect what was current, was to simply delete the
medication, and not bother to input a "date discontinued", even if such ability
had, in the first instance, been available (which I cannot remember).

As soon as "Discontinued" and "Inactive" were made available, GNUmed became a
"Medication List" with the *added sophistication* to show only current
medications.

Accordingly, if people do not mind, I would like us to stop calling the plug-in

        "Current Medication List" manager

since it is, at the very least, now a "Medication List" manager. That is what
my next post informs.

2. As soon as "Started…" and "Duration" was added, this made the

        "Medication List" manager

 something more, but we did not yet resolve the competing purposes and
ambiguities that arise. This is what my 2nd next post will inform and needs
more sorting out …

-- Jim