[Gnumed-devel] Fwd: GNUmed 1.4.0 Feature Release

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Fwd: GNUmed 1.4.0 Feature Release
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 22:38:43 +0000

> From: Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden>
> Subject: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 1.4.0 Feature Release
> Date: 28 October, 2013 1:53:07 PM PDT
>
> Hello all,
>
> I am glad to be able to announce the immediate availability
> of the GNUmed 1.4.0 Feature Release.

> There are two important things to consider
> before upgrading !
>
> 1) GNUmed 1.4/19.0 REQUIRES PostgreSQL 9.1
>
> 2) Before starting the new client for the first
>    time it is VERY advisable to set up an
>    organization and a unit thereof to be your
>    praxis and praxis location.

I restored a copy of GNUmed v18 from *before* I had designated a praxis
location and wonder whether the failure I encountered to upgrade

         v18 to v19

where the log said

        2013-11-07 08:30:23  DEBUG     gm.bootstrapper
(/private/tmp/gnumed-server.19.0/Gnumed/pycommon/gmPsql.py::run() #233):
        insert into dem.org_unit (fk_org, description)
        select
        (select pk from dem.org where dem.org.description = c_hs.narrative),
        'unit of ' || c_hs.narrative
        from
        clin.hospital_stay c_hs
        where
        not exists (
        select 1 from dem.org_unit
        where
        dem.org_unit.description = 'unit of ' || c_hs.narrative
        and
        fk_org = (select pk from dem.org where dem.org.description =
c_hs.narrative)
        )

means it is more than advisable (ii.e. it is necessary) for an org unit to be
set up as a praxis location for the upgrade to be possible?

-- Jim