Re: [Gnumed-devel] Problems calling or obtaining passwords from .pgpass

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Problems calling or obtaining passwords from .pgpass
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 22:47:57 +0000

On 2013-11-21, at 2:28 PM, Jim Busser <address@hidden> wrote:

> Should I modify line 8 of the various conf files
>
>       interactive = yes
>
> to 'no'?

What I did instead was to uncomment

        #password

as a result of which it appears that .pgpass was ignored, and I was prompted for

        I need the password for the database user [postgres].
        Please type the password:

and was able to get past where I got stuck, only to encounter another bootstrap
upgrade 18 19 error (see next email).

I only wonder why the script will pull from .pgpass the password for gm-dbo but
*not* the password for postgres?

As a test to verify the requirement for the gm-dbo password, I deleted my

        (root) ~/.pgpass

and sure enough, on re-running

        sh upgrade-db.sh 18 19

I was prompted for the password for gm-dbo.

-- Jim