Re: [Gnumed-devel] Problems calling or obtaining passwords from .pgpass

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Problems calling or obtaining passwords from .pgpass
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 00:22:43 +0000

On 2013-11-22, at 4:12 PM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> You seemed to be talking about running the upgrade
> or bootstrapper but then talked about a fixup .conf
> file. Modifying a fixup .conf file will not change
> anything with regards to running either of upgrade-db.sh
> or bootstrap-latest.sh.

Setting aside that I had thought fixups to be processed (if they had not
already been run in between) as part of upgrades, I might have mistaken which
.conf file to talk about.

My point was that attempted bootstraps (and upgrades) that fail when leaving
commented the .conf file lines

        #password

succeed when the above are uncommented, in spite of the presence of a .pgpass
file which would seem should provide the postgres password.

-- Jim