Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed upgrade failure.

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed upgrade failure.
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 17:28:18 +0000

On 2013-11-25, at 8:03 AM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 08:06:55PM +0530, Vaibhav Banait wrote:
>
>> i am sorry for the incorrect log,. I have ensured that nobody is connected
>
> Nope:

I have found it useful to run the following query (queries) on connections,
before trying to bootstrap. The result helps me to check if I have a client
running, *or* if one of my tabbed terminal sessions was running, and was not
yet logged out of, psql.

They helped me, for example, realize that even when I quit my gnumed client,
the open (python) output / debugging window seemed to also account for a
connection.

# be sure no-one else is connected or logged-in (result should be 0, not more)
psql -U postgres -c 'SELECT COUNT(*)-1 FROM pg_stat_activity;'

# more detail on the above:
psql -U postgres -c 'SELECT datname, usename, query FROM pg_stat_activity;'

-- Jim