Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurement conversion concepts

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurement conversion concepts
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 23:20:29 +0000

While it could be possible to display a set of pure val_alpha results
graphically (say, as histograms) I will assume val_alpha to be out of scope for
conversion.

Looking now at val_num within test_type (or meta_test_type) ...

- if all rows would share the same val_unit, then no conversion is *required*

- however even in the case above, a praxis could desire all weights -- despite
that they were recorded in pounds -- to be expressed as kg so it seems to  me
that in any situation where

        clin.test_type.conversion_unit < > val_unit

then the values should, before graphing, be "passed" through the converter
wherein all are matched through one of

                public.unit.name_short = clin.test_type.abbrev
                public.unit.name_long = clin.test_name

which should produce the same result.

and clin.test_type.conversion_unit must not only match

        clin.test_type.abbrev

but also

        public.basic_unit. name_short

??