[Gnumed-devel] Can we auto-prompt for encounter closure on evoking new p

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Can we auto-prompt for encounter closure on evoking new person creation?
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 23:03:09 +0000

I am finding the following workflow difficult.

It risks me to make questionable decisions in accepting (or altering) encounter
information.

When I finish entering a progress note, and click "save all", the option

        EMR > Encounter > Edit before patient change

does not become active (in the case of adding a new person) until after the
widget has been completed at which point my having inputted their demographics,
occupation and comments (such as who referred them, and for what reasons) bring
the new person fully into my cognitive foreground.

So when I then press the "OK" button, GNUmed prompts me to update the encounter
on what is now the "previous" patient.

Is it manageable and agreeable that when the user selects

        Person > Register person

or when a search results in "Cannot find any matching patients … " and the user
clicks the "Create new" button, can the actions be altered so that the
encounter update prompt is evoked *before* the new person creation widget opens?

-- Jim