Re: [Gnump3d-users] Server dropping on random play selection

From: Steve Kemp
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] Server dropping on random play selection
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 14:34:00 +0000

On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 02:21:55PM +1300, Miller, Paul, VF-NZ wrote:

> This is similar to others in the archive. Running winxp; gnump3d2.8 ;
> activeperl5.8.4
>
> Everytime I select random playlist I get the 10/20 tracks presented.
> When I select 'play' the playlist is downloaded, but then the server
> reports the following error message :
>
>       use of uninitialized value in numeric eq (==) at <base path>
> line 515
>       fatal error - cannot fork()

  I'm guessing this is an issue with the Perl version you're using.

  fork() wasn't supported on older Perl releases, activestate added it
 and had a few problems with early releases.

  If there's a newer activestate perl out I'd recommend trying to
 upgrade.  But short of that I cannot really suggest anything useful
 all I can do is say it works for me (tm) on Windows 2000.

Steve
---
Edinburgh System Administrator : Linux, UNIX, Windows
Looking for an interesting job : http://www.steve.org.uk/