make and -Werror

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: make and -Werror
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 09:32:26 +0200

Hi,

Many gnustep projects (including ones belonging to System domain) use -Werror
for compilation. Usualy they contain many makefiles and it requires removing
this variable from all of them to make projects compile. I am using gcc 3.3 and
I get warnings from each of those project, so i am not able to build them
without digging into the project structure and removing all -Werrors. I have a
suggestion: would it be possible to add some gnustep-make switch, like
werror=yes to enable this warrning optionally, so developers do not have to
include it in their makefiles and others can buld their projects despite of
warnings?

Thanks,

Stefan

--
http://urbanek.host.sk

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you
win.
- Mahatma Gandhi