Re: Release check

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Release check
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 13:51:14 -0600

On Jun 16, 2005, at 1:20 PM, Adam Fedor wrote:

I looked into this. One issue is that objc/Object.h is needed by NSConnection.h, because it declares a category of Object. Is there a reason why this is there?

@interface Object (NSPortCoder)
- (Class) classForPortCoder;

- (id) replacementObjectForPortCoder: (NSPortCoder*)aCoder;

@end

Well, to answer my own question. No. It appears they're just informal protocols, so the root object doesn't matter.