gif and ungif libraries

From: Riccardo
Subject: gif and ungif libraries
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 10:28:02 +0200

Hello,

could someone check if it is an easy work to make gnustep gui/back build and link against "libgif" and not only "libungif" libraries too? Once, ungif was only the free alternative but the patents expired thus libgif is a viable library again. In fact, gentoo unstable currently installs libgif (and conflicts against ungif) only. Possibly it is a matter of only tweaking configure to try for libgif once ungif failed or the other way around... Maybe on the run we will be able to save gif too :) But that will require more work for sure.

I report this porblem here for a quick reply, otherwise I'll open a bug report.

-R