Re: GNUstep ROADMAP

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: GNUstep ROADMAP
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 21:18:26 -0700

I think Fred and other's have said similar things, but I'd like to echo that the 1.0 release should emphasis user visible changes:

focus issues
windows compatibility
stable interface
packaging
basic user apps (Preferences.app has been on my wish list for eons!)

I also agree with Greg that the release should happen soon. I know that's tough, but that just means we need to think hard about what really needs to be done. I don't think we'll solve these issues perfectly, but we should make things look reasonably nice.