Re: GNUstep ROADMAP

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: GNUstep ROADMAP
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 10:10:26 +0000

On 28 Nov 2005, at 09:17, Stefan Urbanek wrote:

How difficult it would be to hack autogsdoc objective-c parser to parse GNUstep sources and generate a list of unimplemented methods (either marked as not implemented or being only in @interface)? Simple html table (with css):

| Class | Method | Description |

Easy to get the parser to recognise empty implementations ... but what to do about it is not clear.
I like the idea though.

How about ... if the parser could warn about empty implementations, so we know when something needs doing, and if no documentation comment is provided for the method, it could generate standard stuff about the method not being implemented yet (in the place where is currently generates the 'documentation forthcoming' message.

Generally, if a class is abstract/semi-abstract then subclasses are supposed to override methods ... so an empty implementation here could be quite OK ... but we could get the parser to check to see if it has seen the <override-subclass /> markup in the comment for the method, and accept an empty implementation as OK in that case.