Re: nib2gmodel on Debian GNU/Linux

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: nib2gmodel on Debian GNU/Linux
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 16:19:30 -0700

On Dec 26, 2005, at 2:01 PM, Guilhem BONNEFILLE wrote:

Hi,

I really new to GNUStep. In order to port an application from Cocoa to
GNUStep/Linux, I downloaded nib2gmodel 0.9.0. I tried to cmpile it, but
it fails.
The failure seems really simple, but I do not understand the complex
configure/GNUmakefile organisation.
The error message is:
 Compiling file IMCustomObject.m ...
IMCustomObject.m:26:38: warning: Foundation/NSObjCRuntime.h: Aucun

nib2gmodel only compiles on a Mac OS X or NeXT system. It uses Apple's own libraries to read their (proprietary) nib format.

If you are using Cocoa and your nibs are in the newer XML format, it might be possible for GNUstep to read them directly. This is not a complete project so I would expect some troubles there as well.