Re: nib2gmodel on Debian GNU/Linux

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: nib2gmodel on Debian GNU/Linux
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 22:59:21 +0100 (MET)

> Adam Fedor <address@hidden> wrote:
> > If you are using Cocoa and your nibs are in the newer XML format, it
> > might be possible for GNUstep to read them directly. This is not a
> > complete project so I would expect some troubles there as well.
>
> Effetivelly. The files I downloaded contains directories named xxx.nib.
> These directories contain three files:
> - classes.nib (long ASCII)
> - info.nib (short XML)
> - objects.nib (data)

The NIB files that GNUstep is (partly) supporting are keyed encoded (XML
format or binary), but these files come from the old direct encoded format.
This means that you will need somebody with access to an OpenStep or Cocoa
machine to convert the NIB files for you. I remember that years ago somebody
offert this as a service on his Apple machine. Perhaps it is best to ask on
the GNUstep discussion mailing list. I am very sure you will find somebody
to do the nib2gmodel conversion for you.

Cheers

GMX DSL-Flatrate 1 Jahr kostenlos* + WLAN-Router ab 0,- Euro*
Bis 31.12.2005 einsteigen! Infos unter: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl