Re: Win32 Cairo backend : strange behavior...

From: xavier . glattard
Subject: Re: Win32 Cairo backend : strange behavior...
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 15:38:33 +0100

Selon Fred Kiefer <address@hidden>:

> address@hidden schrieb:
> > I've started to work on the win32 Cairo backend (winlib and glitz)
> > I get prety (almost) black windows : Calculator and Gorm start and run :-)
> >
> > Well... when i'm lucky...
> >
> > In fact i need to insert some NSLog in my code _to_avoid_Gorm_crash_ !!
> > These NSLog have to be at the right place, or Calculator fails to
> > create windows
> >
> > (Cairo-glitz only - Cairo-winlib seems to be ok (but with black windows))
> >
> > Any suggestions ? Thanks !!
> >
> > Last question : is the X11 (glitz) Cairo backend usable ? Thks.
> >

> Not sure if anybody ever did use this. For me glitz is not working, as
> my glitz release seems to be too old.
> Just to warn you: I plan to do a big rework of the GNUstep cairo
> backend, in the hope to get scrolling to work. If you have any changes
> to the backend yourself, feel free to forward them to me.
>
> Cheers,
> Fred

You may get a patch here :
http://amstradstuff.free.fr/GNUstep/back-061222.patch

- Changes in config system seem to be ok :
  glitz-wgl and cairo over win32
  configure is included but is generated from config.in
- Little change in */cairo, but some new files :
  */cairo/Win32* files dont really work
  (as you know...)
- A change in Tools/win32pbs.m but it might be a problem on my side.

All this needs a lot of testing

Regards

Xavier