Re: Call for volunteers: Backporting mySTEP changes

From: Xavier Glattard
Subject: Re: Call for volunteers: Backporting mySTEP changes
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 08:34:13 +0000 (UTC)

Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer <at> gmx.de> writes:
(...)
> 3. Changes to GNUstep
>
> mySTEP has a few correction and additions to methods that are already
> implemented in GNUstep. We should try to extract as much of these as
> possible. On the other hand have we fixed a lot of bugs in GNUstep since
> the fork. We don't want to loose these fixes. Quite often there are also
> two independent implementations of methods in GNUstep and mySTEP, so no
> benefit may be gained by merging them.
>
> This surely is the hardest case and should be done very carefully.
(...)

I guess NSApplication and NSRunLoop stuff are in this category.
I had a quick look in myStep with a diff tool (on NSApplication and
NSRunLoop)and it seems all has been rewritten... Is there anything to
extract ? Or should it be better not to change anything ?
I mean : is there any 'political' point of view about this part of
GNUstep ?

I'm a volunteer :-)

Xavier

[ Fred: thanks for the changelog ;-) ]