Re: Call for volunteers: Backporting mySTEP changes

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Call for volunteers: Backporting mySTEP changes
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 18:10:53 +0100

Xavier Glattard wrote:
> Selon Fred Kiefer <address@hidden>:
>

> There are some differences in NSApplication. As this class is central i guess
> many other classes use it and then it should be treated first.
> A quick look in NSApplication.h shows me some additions :
> - an event queue (i know : i promised ;o)
> - global enum : NSApplicationDelegateReply, NSApplicationPrintReply
> - some new methods (MacOS)

The new methods and the enums might be of interest, the event queue just
doesn't belong here. GNNstep has it on the class GSDisplayServer. You
should also keep the class GSServiceManager in mind, when looking at
NSApplication.

>> Best you start out with the new classes I listed. They will need to get
>> added to the GNUmakefile and the NSAppKit.h file and, what is more
>> important, fill with code.
>
> Ok. I will work on the first one : NSAnimation. Then the next one and so on
> until i couldn't.
>
> Is there a good example of gnustep coding standard conformity around ?

No, it is used a bit inconsistently in the GNUstep code. Most of the
time I take NSCell as my reference. But the full details are somewhere
on the web page.

Cheers,