Re: Crash with new-style exceptions on FreeBSD amd64

From: Michael Gardner
Subject: Re: Crash with new-style exceptions on FreeBSD amd64
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 01:20:47 -0500

On 3/15/07, Andrew Pinski <address@hidden> wrote:
You still have to compile your program with -fexceptions to get "objc"
exceptions working with objective-C.

But that doesn't explain (2), where I *do* use -fobjc-exceptions, only
with gcc instead of g++, and with a separate linking step instead of
all-at-once. That's what gmake is doing, which is why I want to
understand what's going on here.

Oh, and another interesting tidbit: I noticed in
$GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT/Library/Makefiles/config.make the following line:

USE_OBJC_EXCEPTIONS = no

I don't know why that was set that way by default, but changing it to
"yes" (followed by re-sourcing GNUstep.sh and re-compiling my program)
had no effect. In any case it wouldn't seem to explain why I don't get
the crash if I do the compilation and linking in a single step, or if
I use g++ instead of gcc.

-Michael