Re: -draggedImageLocation giving incorrect results?

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: -draggedImageLocation giving incorrect results?
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 12:38:01 +0200

Michael Gardner wrote:
> On 4/28/07, Fred Kiefer <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Do you mean 0.11 as the latest release that was still fine? The current
>> release is now 0.12 and there aren't any big differences between trunk
>> and that release.
>
> Ah, I wasn't aware that 0.12 had been released. I was talking about
> 0.11. I can install 0.12 if that would help, but if there are so few
> changes in trunk then it doesn't seem necessary.

Yes, stay with trunk, if you don't have any specific problems with it.

>> Which value are you using for the default setting
>> GSX11HandlesWindowDecorations? That is, is GNUstep handling the window
>> decoration itself? I would expect so, otherwise it will be hard to
>> explain the result you are seeing. I need to set this myself to see if I
>> am able to reproduce the problem.
>
> I haven't modified that setting, so presumably it's still at its
> default value. How can I verify this?

Have a look at your GNUstep defaults file. Mine is
~/GNUstep/Defaults/.GNUstepDefaults. There look out for
GSX11HandlesWindowDecorations, but this setting may also have the
alternative name GSBackHandlesWindowDecorations. The default value is
YES, resulting in X handling the window decorations.