Re: GNUstep-make and C++ projects...

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: GNUstep-make and C++ projects...
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 14:19:40 +0100

On 01.03.2008, at 12:16, Nicola Pero wrote:
make CC=g++

Hm, is there a special CC variable for CPP files? I think I wondered about that.

It would be nice if gnustep-make was to automatically do all of this. Not that sure how to decide when to use C++ linking (is it when only CC_FILES are non-empty and all the other xxx_FILES are empty ?) and how to best automate it. Suggestions from C++ users are welcome.

I qualify, unfortunately ;-) I also tried using gstep-make (on MacOSX) to compile a C++ project, but failed for reasons I don't remember anymore :-)

I think activating C++ linking on non-empty CC_FILES should be OK. However, then CC_FILES should support compilation of .c files using g+ +. Eg:
  CC_FILES = \
    a.cpp \
    b.c

If all that would work as-is on Windows to produce DLLs and such, it would be awesome! :-) Further it would be very nice if one could use the VS C++ compiler instead of g++. But that probably works already (CC=vcc++ or whatever)

Hm, sweet. I think I give it another try today and see what was wrong with using gsmake for me.

Thanks,
  Helge
--
Helge Hess