Re: case sensitivity in make flags

From: Markus Hitter
Subject: Re: case sensitivity in make flags
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 12:32:16 +0100

Am 11.03.2008 um 00:18 schrieb Nicola Pero:

1. (your suggestion) we could update everything to try and allow both uppercase and lowercase versions of 'yes'. (I like this because it allows you to use the more natural xxx_HAS_RESOURCE_BUNDLE=YES without breaking existing makefiles that already use
xxx_HAS_RESOURCE_BUNDLE=yes)

Please consider the most natural "Yes" ... :-)

IMHO, checking for invalid values is enough and a good opportunity to put some intuitive/interactive user help into place. Add a xxx_HAS_RESOURCE_BUNDLE= to learn about all valid options.

my $0.02,
Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/