Re: Release ready?

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Release ready?
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 22:27:56 -0600

On Jun 13, 2008, at 10:46 PM, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

On 14 Jun 2008, at 04:22, Adam Fedor wrote:

I'll branch a new stable release tomorrow unless anyone has any objections.

Sounds good.

Just one thing though ...

In base/Source/Additions/Unicode.m I've changed the GROW() macro for the case where characterset conversion output is being discarded (we are just finding the length of a string in a particular encoding) to try to fix a crash that David Wetzel found. It would be good if someone could sanity check and confirm that the new code:
   ptr = buf - dpos; \
   bsize = dpos + BUFSIZ; \
   if (extra != 0) \
     { \
       bsize--; \
     } \
is finally correct.

I just looked at it mostly, but it seems ok.