Re: GNUstep base almost builds with clang

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: GNUstep base almost builds with clang
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 15:13:09 +0100

On 1 Apr 2009, at 15:10, Pete French wrote:

Clang is a new front-end for LLVM, written completely from scratch,
which is more-or-less feature complete for C99 and Objective-C 2
(parsing anyway - code generation is only finished for the Apple
runtimes), and now working towards C++ support.

Is this what you were using to try and compile GNustep base ? I
have just soent a while playing around with the llvm port on
FreeBSD (which seems to be lacking the compiler driver). Had some
success with plain old C, but not a lot with ObjC, eeven when I am not
doing anything objecty. e.g:

Not sure what you are using to compile here. There is not FreeBSD port for clang, and trunk clang requires trunk LLVM (i.e. not the port). Can you tell me what commands you are trying to use to compile?