Re: GNUStep on Windows

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: GNUStep on Windows
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 16:12:18 +0000

On 22 Jan 2010, at 16:07, Vincent R. wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When will you switch to llvm on windows platform ?
> I can see from website that for now you are releasing a solution based on
> msys/mingw-4.4
> and could it be possible to use a msys/llvm alternative ?
> Would it work ?

Clang will probably compile GNUstep on Windows, however:

1) I am the person who maintains GNU runtime code generation in clang, and
2) I don't have a Windows machine.

That means that clang's Objective-C support on Windows is basically untested.
If people want to test it and send me bug reports, then I'm happy to fix
things, but so far I have not heard from anyone trying it.

Bottom line: People who care about a platform being supported need to be
willing to test things on that platform.

David

-- Sent from my Difference Engine