Re: Corrupted heap

From: Vincent Richomme
Subject: Re: Corrupted heap
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 14:27:11 +0100

On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 13:19:57 +0000, Richard Frith-Macdonald
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On 18 Mar 2010, at 12:36, David Chisnall wrote:
>
>> On 18 Mar 2010, at 12:33, Vincent Richomme wrote:
>>
>>> Sorry to ask this very stupid question but how do I remove the -O2
>>> flags
>>> and add -Wl,-Map,libgnustep-gui.map to LDFLAGS.
>>> I tried to pass it to configure then make with no success, I tried
>>
>> GNUstep Make, frustratingly, has no way of removing flags.
>
> Yes and no .... it has the 'file_FILTER_OUT_FLAGS' option to remove
flags
> for specific files.
>
> Removing the -O2 flag is usually done simply with 'make debug=yes'
>
>>  You can, however, build like this:
>>
>> $ make CFLAGS=-g OBJCFLAGS=-g LDGLAGS=-g-Wl,-Map,libgnustep-gui.map
>>
>> This will add these flags to the default ones.
>
> Yes, or you can add the flags in the makefile (eg. with
> ADDITIONAL_LDFLAGS=-g-Wl,-Map,libgnustep-gui.map)

Thanks for all these solutions, now I will know how to do it.
So I have recompiled in debug and of course it works fine
and now that I have switched back to release I don't have it either.
So end of story.

While I am at it could you also remove two includes :

NSButtonCell.m:41:38: warning: GNUstepBase/GSCategories.h: No such file or
directory
NSMenuItem.m:36:38: warning: GNUstepBase/GSCategories.h: No such file or
directory

And apply the patch I have provided a few days ago to fix some cast issues
and wrong data type(unsigned replaced by socklen_t) on msys/mingw{-w64}?

Thanks