Re: Corrupted heap

From: Vincent Richomme
Subject: Re: Corrupted heap
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 12:26:08 +0100

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 09:31:10 +0000, Richard Frith-Macdonald
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On 18 Mar 2010, at 13:27, Vincent Richomme wrote:
>

>> And apply the patch I have provided a few days ago to fix some cast
>> issues
>> and wrong data type(unsigned replaced by socklen_t) on
msys/mingw{-w64}?

> Unless I've missed a patch, I think this was already applied, but then
you
> supplied a new version of the patch (which won't apply because the first
> one has already been applied).
>
> Looking at the actual content of the second version of the patch, I
think
> this version shouldn't be applied anyway:
>
> It casts the buffer arguments of send() and recv() to be const char* and
> char* instead of the const void* and void* that they are now.
>

> The current types are correct (for unix and linux and mingw32 and posix
> and xopen).
> It looks like microsoft chose to use incorrect types when they copied
the
> unix apis for winsock, and I guess mingw32 chose to use the
> original/correct types, but presumably mingw64 uses the microsoft
specific
> version (was this an accident/mistake or an intentional decision?

Hum are you sure because when I look at original mingw includes I can see

winsock2.h
------------
WINSOCK_API_LINKAGE int PASCAL recv(SOCKET,char*,int,int);
WINSOCK_API_LINKAGE int PASCAL recvfrom(SOCKET,char*,int,int,struct
sockaddr*,int*);
WINSOCK_API_LINKAGE int PASCAL send(SOCKET,const char*,int,int);
WINSOCK_API_LINKAGE int PASCAL sendto(SOCKET,const char*,int,int,const
struct sockaddr*,int);
WINSOCK_API_LINKAGE int PASCAL setsockopt(SOCKET,int,int,const char*,int);

If you don't believe me just go to
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/ and
look for Mingw API for MS-Windows to download
w32api-3.14-mingw32-dev.tar.gz.

So it means this is not mingw-w64 specific but is shared by both project.