Re: r27812 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Source/NSBundleAdditions.m

From: Doug Simons
Subject: Re: r27812 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Source/NSBundleAdditions.m
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 15:49:11 -0600

Okay, we've resolved this issue in our code at this point. We had a situation where a controller object was being instantiated within our MainMenu.nib. When that controller's init method was called it was loading another nib, and it was an object in that nib (or maybe lots of them, who knows?) that was being freed before we could retain it in our applicationDidFinishLaunching: method in the controller.

We removed the controller instance from the MainMenu.nib and are instantiating it separately in code (which is probably better anyway) and are no longer crashing.

Doug Simons

P.S. No stupid company disclaimer this time -- I'll try to remember to delete it in the future. :-)