Re: make charsets

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: make charsets
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 06:39:44 +0100

On 3 Jun 2010, at 22:11, Elim Qiu wrote:

> What should I do with the warning here:
>
> This is gnustep-make 2.4.0. Type 'make print-gnustep-make-help' for
> help.
> Making all for tool mkcharsets...
> Compiling file mkcharsets.m ...
> Linking tool mkcharsets ...
> /usr/bin/ld: warning: libobjc.so.2, needed
> by /usr/GNUstep/Local/Library/Libraries/libgnustep-base.so, may conflict
> with libobjc.so.1

That means you have two versions of the objc runtime library on your system.
Presumably you built/installed one of them after you built/installed
gnustep-base and are now linking things with the second one.
This is *bad*.  You need to decide which runtime you want to use, remove the
other one, and then rebuild/link anything you built with the wrong one.