Re: Problem running hello-objc-gnustep example in gettext

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Problem running hello-objc-gnustep example in gettext
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 00:39:48 +0100

On 11 Aug 2010, at 18:31, asha murthy wrote:

Hi,

I am having a problem running the hello-obj-gnustep example under the directory
/gettext/examples

I am trying to get the output in a different language other than English. For this I am modifying the language in GNUmakefile in the directory gettext/examples/hello-objc-gnustep in the below line.

Hello_LANGUAGES := $(sort English $(shell MAKEFLAGS= $(MAKE) -s -C po echo-languages))

But the output is still in English.

Could anyone please let me know what I am doing wrong or what needs to be done to change the language of the output.

I had a quick look at the hello-obj-gnustep example from gettext. Interesting :-)

Anyway, you don't need to edit the line Hello_LANGUAGES at all. Just typing 'autogen.sh', then 'make' should build the application
in all the languages available.

What you need to do is changing the default language that you want the application to use ... type

 defaults write NSGlobalDomain NSLanguages "(Italian)"

on your command-line to set 'Italian' as your default language. Then, start up the hello-objc-gnustep; it should display the window in Italian.
It works for me ;-)

Let me know if you are still having problems :-)

Thanks