Re: Static analyser results for -base (277 potential bugs)

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Static analyser results for -base (277 potential bugs)
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 01:16:57 +0100

On 10 Sep 2010, at 20:18, Fred Kiefer wrote:

> Thank you for doing this, would you mind to run it over gui as well? Not
> that I currently have time to fix the hundreds of bugs this would find...

You're currently in the lead, only 193 bugs in -gui (although I've not run it
on -back yet).  Results here:

http://theravensnest.org/gsgui/

My server only has 256MB of RAM, and the analyser thrashes heavily when I run
it, so I'm currently generating these on my laptop and uploading them.
Hopefully I'll get the RAM increased in the server soon...

Looking at the first result, I found one bug is actually masking another that
the analyser won't see, so be careful when you fix the one it shows on
NSApplication.m: 765 - when you create the object correctly, this will destroy
it prematurely (sometimes) - the invocation should be released in the other
thread.

David

-- Send from my Jacquard Loom