Re: Static analyser results for -base (277 potential bugs)

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Static analyser results for -base (277 potential bugs)
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 11:11:08 +0200

Am 12.09.2010 01:35, schrieb David Chisnall:
> I've now set up a jail that will check out the code each night and run the
> static analyser.  You can find the results here:
>
> http://gnustep.theravensnest.org/
>
> Currently only the link to the results for -base works - it's in the process
> of generating the ones for -gui and -back.
>
> David

None of the links on that page are working, not even the one for base.

Looking at some of the results for gui I think the static analyser has
problems with assignments. It doesn't seem to track the properties of a
variable after an assignment. There the new variable should be treated
as an alias to the old one until another assignment happens.

Even with this annoying bug it is impressive how many real problems this
analysis did catch. I hope to find time to fix a few more of these later
today.