getting old xinput patch to work.

From: Banlu Kemiyatorn
Subject: getting old xinput patch to work.
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 01:44:02 +0700

Hi,
It's the old xinput patch and I just fix it without any crash this
time, I think, just to see how things should work in first place (to
implement basic NSTabletPoint etc). Currently only pressure is
working. The code is still very experimental. It registers all
possible input sources for all windows and it shouldn't do that. Need
a standard panel that any app can bring up to configure this. One
thing I found is the display could be flickering a lot, may be due to
the dense of subpixel events. Devices like Intuos can produce a lot
more events in a second than mouse, so app should filter them (and
it's app not the backend, should this be configurable?). Now I wonder
if it is possible to keep used events in an extra pool some how so
there's no need to reallocate them or if that's a good idea at all or
if that would actually speed thing up. Would reduce time to alloc and
memset etc. ?

Thanks,
Banlu

--