Emacs.app (from BZR) and GNUstep (from SVN)

From: Germán Arias
Subject: Emacs.app (from BZR) and GNUstep (from SVN)
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 19:47:46 -0600

Currently Emacs.app crash at launch with GNUstep. It worked fine previously. I thought it was caused by changes in emacs, but someone has confirmed it works fine with the stable packages of GNUstep (I will test it tomorrow). So the problem could be in gnustep. Below I
add the backtrace. The app crash because can't retain a pixmap.

Here the backtrace:

(gdb) backtrace
#0  objc_msg_lookup (receiver=0x1400016, op=0x8482710)
    at /home/german/Instalados/GCC/gcc-4.6.0/libobjc/sendmsg.c:397
#1  0x082657b0 in ns_retain_object (obj=0x1400016) at nsterm.m:466
#2 0x08255ac2 in XGetImage (display=0x89af8e8, pixmap=0x1400016, x=0, y=0, width=64, height=64, plane_mask=4294967295, format=2) at image.c:160
#3  0xb50a62ea in ?? () from /usr/lib/libcairo.so.2
#4  0x089af8e8 in ?? ()
#5  0x01400016 in ?? ()
#6  0x00000000 in ?? ()
(gdb)

At frame 2 the function XGetImage is:

XImagePtr
XGetImage (Display *display, Pixmap pixmap, int x, int y,
           unsigned int width, unsigned int height,
           unsigned long plane_mask, int format)
{
  /* TODO: not sure what this function is supposed to do.. */
  ns_retain_object (pixmap);
  return pixmap;
}

And at frame 1 the function ns_retain_object is:

void
ns_retain_object (void *obj)
    Retain an object (callable from C)
{
    [(id)obj retain];
}

Can this problem be related with the changes about how the images
are handled? Any idea? Thanks.