Re: GNUstep Code Freeze

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: GNUstep Code Freeze
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 22:49:21 +0100

I would like to collect some feedback on the current state.
Are there any bugs still open that would block making a release? That would be really serious bugs that stop a critical GNUstep application from working, definitely worked in the last release and cannot be worked around in some way.

As for the ICU locale issue we have the work around to not use ICU for people with other languages, that should give them about the fallback that they had in previous base releases.

As for the gui bugs, I am under the impression that we wont be able so fix much more for this release. But a lot of testing is still going on.

Adam, are you willing to prepare this release again?

Fred