Re: NIB loader problem

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: NIB loader problem
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 20:37:22 +0100

Hi all,

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 9:18 PM, Luboš Doležel <address@hidden> wrote:
At this point, it's really interesting only for people who want to tinker with it.

I also seem to be hitting quite a lot of deficiencies in GNUstep, so I'm very happy that the GNUstep devs are so responsive.

For instance, Bayon also needs NSTrackingArea, which GNUstep doesn't have yet. NSRunLoopCommonModes is a similar story. And then there are the "File System Resource Properties" in NSURL, which are also missing.

For what Bayon is using NSTrackingArea, see ImagePreviewCell class in Apple's sample PhotoSearch. From what I remember, it's exclusively used in that place. It's currently available on this URL:
  http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/samplecode/PhotoSearch/Listings/ImagePreviewCell_m.html

For those interested in NSTrackingArea and too lazy to look it up:
  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4639379/how-to-use-nstrackingarea

Precisely because it's used in such basic sample code I suspect it's going to be used in a lot of post-10.5 OS X code. Also, based on the following link, and looking quickly at GNUstep source code, it looks like we can rename the private GSTrackingRect class (possibly adding a same-named subclass, for compatibility).
  http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/EventOverview/TrackingAreaObjects/TrackingAreaObjects.html

--
Ivan Vučica - address@hidden