Re: GNUstep WebServices in iOS app?

From: Doug Warren
Subject: Re: GNUstep WebServices in iOS app?
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 09:08:51 -0700

While I'm not qualified to discuss licensing issues, iOS does support frameworks and dylibs.  It's still bundled into the IPA however.

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 8:17 AM, Niels Grewe <address@hidden> wrote:

Am 24.06.2013 um 17:11 schrieb David Wetzel <address@hidden>:

> Hi,
>
> did anybody use the GS WebServices in a iOS application?
> I would like to talk to a SOAP service from the iPhone without having to write too much ugly code ;-)

Incidentally, yes. It's possible to use WebServices with a few tweaks to work around some features that Apple has removed from Foundation with respect to Mac OS/GNUstep. The problem is rather (and this is not legal advice, mind you) that you can only do static linking on iOS, so you're look right up to a conflict between the LGPL and the App Store ToS.

Cheers,

Niels