Re: NSSavePanel fragile ABI - do we care?

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: NSSavePanel fragile ABI - do we care?
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 01:49:12 +0200

Considering no replies came, here's a few of my own thoughts:

1. I consider GNUstep as something that has to keep source-level compatibility;
binary level? Not so much. What for? There are so many, many combinations. Plus
we don't even release our own binaries.
2. Even if we cared about ABI compat, apparently NSSavePanel is only subclassed
in framework itself, to get NSOpenPanel. Apps are NOT supposed to be
subclassing it. At least from a bit of googling I did on the phone.

Plus, NSSavePanel returned in a sandboxed environment on OS X is different than
in non-sandboxed. Apple wouldn't do that if the class could be subclassed
reasonably...

Regards,

Ivan Vučica
via phone